Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

It has been a while since I had this dream and I am kind of hacked off at myself for not writing it down sooner. I searched my inbox for an email that I sent to someone about it in hopes to recall all of the details. I am going from memory here and I hope I do not screw up too many of these details. Why am I posting it, you ask? Because I do not think this is any old dream, I think this one my be about the future or perhaps something that may have happened in the forgotten past.

I am walking through the woods in the summer time with two people, a girl and a boy. I know who they are and I know them both quite well. The girl is my daughter, she is in her twenties and beautiful of course. The boy is just a few years younger, totally handsome and is the son of a dear friend. Though it was summer and very warm outside, there was snow on the ground. We were on my property, I think in LaGrange, but I am uncertain. I know it is not at the house I live at now. We walked along the dirt path, talking, laughing and having a really good time.

We came to a clearing in the woods and decided to start a a campfire. We sang and danced and talked by the fire for hours. The kids sat together, holding hands. It felt like they were dating or just married or have been best friends for over a hundred years.

The crazy thing about this dream is that (dang it I really wish I had written this down sooner!) is that the boy had a dream about him and my daughter and I walking through the woods AND my daughter had a very similar dream, but the only difference between hers and mine was that she was her current age looking in on the dream of a much older threesome. All three dreams happened very close together in time.

Were we all just having the same "dream"? Are the two children getting married when they grow up? (I do tease my daughter about it from time to time. She gets mad at first, but usually has a twinkle in her eye) or perhaps this dream has a deeper meaning. For now it is uncertain, but I will be staying tuned in to how this story unfolds.

1 comment:

  1. flip flops hiking to a campfire in the snow...that WAS a weird dream...

    ReplyDelete